Sunday 1 July 2012

My First KAL

Evening everyone,

How are you all? I hope you've all had lovely weekends. Mine didn't turn out the way we'd expected (best laid plans and all that) but we turned it to our advantage and got a lot done around the house and managed to fit in good friends, great food and an exciting new project!

This weekend, following a lovely little delivery from www.blacksheepwool.com, I cast on Spectra by Stephen West. A friend of mine has just finished it in beautiful blue, purple and pink hues and I knew when I saw it that I wanted to have a go.

As did my friend over at Floating On The Breeze (you can find her blog at www.floatonthebreeze.blogspot.com) so, after a very brief discussion and quick confirmation that we each had everything we needed the challenge was set! We are starting our first cross-blog KAL!

If you are also currently knitting or interested in knitting this gorgeous pattern and would like to join us please feel free to get involved and let us know which yarns you're using and how you're getting on.

I've cast on with Noro Kuyeron Sock and Rowan Cashsoft in Ginger. So far I've managed four wedges and I'll leave it to Jo to tell you how shes fgetting on over at her blog.

So, please feel free to get involved. The pattern is just £3.93 and available as a Ravelry download. You can also friend me or message me, my Ravelry name is Frenny.

Until next time, here's a glimpse at my first wedge:

No comments:

Post a Comment